I have decided to participate in Blogmas this year. I think that it will help kick my bum into Christmas gear.
Ever since my (step) mom passed almost 7 and a half years ago, Christmas just hasn’t felt like Christmas… We’ll talk more about that in another post, but my goal this Christmas is to try to start new traditions and bring back that Christmas spirit a little bit. So to help me do that, I am going to be participating in Blogmas to help jumpstart my own Christmas spirit.
What is Blogmas?:
Some of you are probably wondering what Blogmas is and that is a totally valid question. Blogmas is the name given to the timeframe where bloggers post in relation to Christmas or winter (sometimes the relation is a bit of a stretch) through out December.
There are generally three different posting schedules for Blogmas:
- 1 post every day from the 1st through the 25th.
- 1 post every day from the 1st through the 31st.
- The 12 days of Christmas:
- this schedule can result in 12 consecutive posts from the 12th to the 23rd or just one random post scattered throughout the month of December equating to 12 posts total posts.
Should you participate in Blogmas too?:
I would have to say that if you are even remotely considering participating in Blogmas, do your research and then stick your toe in the water by participating in the 12 days of Christmas Blogmas. It allows you to be apart of the community, meet new bloggers, increase your engagement, get your creative juices flowing, and have some fun, but you don’t have to worry about over committing yourself and not being able to keep up with your obligations by signing yourself up for 25 or even 31 posts.
25 Blogmas post ideas:
- Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies & Why
- Favorite Christmas Dinner Foods
- Favorite Christmas Desserts/Treats
- Winter Skin Care Routine
- Show Off Your Christmas Tree
- Top 5 Favorite Christmas Songs & Why
- Winter Outfit Ideas
- Church Service and Christmas Day OOTD
- My Christmas Wishlist
- Gift Ideas For Someone With a Chronic Illness
- Memories of Christmas From Childhood
- Is Christmas Your Favorite Holiday? Why?
- Traveling for the Holidays? Traveling Tips.
- Favorite Christmas Tradition
- A Christmas Giveaway
- Favorite Things About Christmas/Winter
- Essentials for the Chronically Ill During Winter
- Ways to Give Back This Season
- A Letter to Yourself a Year Ago
- Holiday Blog Tag
- Favorite Books & Books on Your To Read List
- Favorite Podcasts
- Favorite Christmas Ornaments
- Favorite Christmas Jewelry
- Real Tree vs Fake Tree
I hope you enjoy the posts to come and wish you all a safe and happy holiday season!